Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sabah State Museum

Museum? Again? May be when you read this blog, some of you will say "Oh no, once again..so boring!!" Eh, HELLO..when was the last time you visit this place?haha.. I remember that words!! (The last time I visited this place was about 18 years ago..Ouchh!! :p) I took the chance to visit this place when I undergo my training at HQE.
Strictly,no pictures inside the building!! Oh ok..but I still can take pictures outside the building.. :) What I could describe about the building? It keeps Sabahan identity. At every corner of the building you can see the reality of Sabah. If you are about to learn culture of Sabahan, this is the most suitable place for you. Head hunting culture? Unduk Ngadau?The death inside a big 'tajau'? The traditional clothes for ethnics? The development of transportation system? The development of communication system? There's too many great things to learn inside the building.
Have a walk outside the building, you can find a bridge that bring you to the real traditional houses. All of the houses belong to the ethnics of Sabah. Touch the wall, roof, floor and stairs, they are made up from the exact materials used by our great grandpa. Exciting? For me, of course :)
Nowadays, there's a lot of accommodation that leading us to luxurious life. Back to our great grandma's time, this probably the most comfortable life for them. No air cond., no fan, no rice cooker, no television, no handphone...
The surrounding area.

Outside the Museum building, a few model of cars still in a good condition to be shown to the new generation. While inside the Museum, you will be able to learn the history of transportation in Sabah.
Try this :)

My friends are so cute :)

This is Sabah State Museum, take your time to learn about Sabah.


1 comment:

  1. May I know the period how long you use to visit this museum?

    ReplyDelete